Missing Export button for custom role despite enabling "Generate PDF or PNG report" privilege (v8.19.11)

Hi everyone,

I’m currently having an issue creating a custom role in Elastic SIEM. I am trying to create a role that allows users to export dashboards as PDFs.

Environment:

  • Elastic Version: 8.19.11

  • License: Enterprise

Here is my current setup: I created a custom role and explicitly enabled the "Generate PDF or PNG report" privilege under the Kibana privileges. However, when I assign this role to a user and they access the dashboard, it doesn't work as expected. The export button is completely missing/invisible for them.

Right now, only users with the built-in superuser role can see the button and export dashboards successfully. Unfortunately, assigning superuser is not an option for this group of users. I need to strictly limit their scope of access so they cannot do things like modifying storage settings or performing other administrative tasks.

Any guidance on how to configure this custom role correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Clothes to duplicate