ML Jobs Permissions

Hi All,
Im playing arround with the ML-Feature of the Elastic Stack.
We use our Stack with multiple Kibana Spaces/Indicies.
So person A has access to Index A and Space A, person B has access to Index B and Space B and so on.
If i now add Person A to the machine_learning_user Role Person A can also see the Jobs an the Results of Person B.
As i understand that shouldnt be possible.

To view the configuration, status, and results of the machine learning features, you must have:

• machine_learning_user or machine_learning_admin built-in roles
  • read and view_index_metadata index privileges on source indices

So but the Users can see jobs running on indicies there dont have any permission on.

Im i missunderstanding the Documentation?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi @richcollier,
Thanks for your reply.
But I'm not wondering why I can see a job created in space A in Space B. I'm wondering why a user with only privileges on Index A can see results from a ML Job based on Index B.
I quoted a part of the documentation in my question. Is in this case the source index the ml-results index?? Otherwise there is a bug or a misstake in the documentation.
I would understand the source index as the index where the ml-job get it's data from.

The results of ML jobs go into .ml-anomalies-* indices. By default, they go into a .ml-anomalies-shared index unless the ML job is configured to use a "dedicated" results index (sets the results_index_name in the config).

See: How to separate Machine Learning jobs in Kibana per user

1 Like

Hi,
sorry for the late answer :smiley:
I will start to do it with the multiple indicies as you described.
One last question, today i found in Kibana Management -> ML Job List this:
grafik

What is this "setting/info" for and how can i change these?
Im using Kibana v7.6.1

Currently, you cannot do anything with ML Jobs and Kibana Spaces as the work is still in progress (https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/64172).

This column on the UI must have been inserted in anticipation of that upcoming support for ML jobs to be "Spaces aware"

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.