Mongo dashboard error and misunderstanding the logstash role

I have this top topic where I've tried to explain my problem with the Mongo dashboard, however I got no reply.

I believe I'm misunderstanding the usage of the components so I will try to explain how I have it build here.

I have mainly two linux servers, let's say:

• Server 1: with the whole ELK installed: fb, mb, pb, logstack, elastic and kibana);

• Server 2: mongodb with filebeat metricbeat and packectbeat.

The server 2 is shipping to the server 1, however I have the following logstash configuration:

input
 {
   beats {
      port => 5044
  }
 }

Could it be the problem of not showing the expected Mongo dashboards?

How can I investigate to check what is really happening with this?

Is the data making it to Elasticsearch? What are you seeing in localhost:9200/_cat/indices for Elasticsearch? I would also suggest checking the filebeat/metricbeat/packetbeat logs on server 2.

@tylersmalley, yes the data is making into elastic. Following is the image of the _cat/indices

Looking into the logs in metric beat: /var/logs/metribeat I see nothing related to errors. I will put the logs here as fast as I can.

Hi everyone,

I've made a change which has partially fixed the problem. In the metribeat.yml I changed the parameter setup.dashboards.enable to true and now I'm seeing the dashboard populated, that's a positive fact. On the other hand, I'm getting now the following error when refreshing the Kibana's dashboard: "Field is a required parameter". Do you know why?

By curiosity, why is the dashboard working after changing this flag?

Please, anyone here can help?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.