Monitoring on Elasticsearch

Hi

I'm totally confused and hopefully i'll be able to explain the problem we have.

i have two Elasticsearch (elastic cloud) clusters version 7.9.2

i was struggling to get the metrics i want and finally noticed the alarms and metrics i need are coming built it with ES version higher then 7.10.1
so i've decided to upgrade one of my clusters to 7.10.2 and all passed OK.
now, on the 'Stack Monitoring' on Kibana i saw the metrics and alerts i want. great.

now, i wanted to disable a feature i've enabled few weeks ago 'Metrics shipping' as i didnt really used it . again i wanted to see specific metrics like memory and create alert on that and enabling the metric shpping did not helped for me.
once i've disabled the metrics shipping , all got bad. and the entire cloud monitornig got disabled and i no longer see metrics.

i wanted now to enable the monitoring metrics part on kibana like i did in the past but it complaning about __no_default-local exporter field i have on the cluster settings.
i understand the shippping enablement and then disablement changed the montiring settings but i'm not sure how to get back to the original state and if that's possible.

i should mention that my second cluster , although still with 7.9.2 does not includes any shipping metrics and have the default metrics properly and monitoring enabled.

when comparing the cluster settings on the working cluster i see:

{
      "persistent":
          “xpack”: {
             “monitoring”: {         
               “collection”: {   
                  “enabled”: “true”
                }
             }
          }
    }

and on the bad cluster i see:

{
        “xpack”: {
              “monitoring”: {
                “exporters”: {
                  “__no-default-local__“: {
                    “enabled”: “false”,
                    “type”: “local”
                  }
                },
                “collection”: {
                  “interval”: “10s”,
                  “enabled”: “true”
                }
              }
            }

i've tried to update the cluster settings to be without exporter but nothing really happened.
do i have now to set explicility exporter or something?
i just want to get back to the original state before i even enabled the metric shipping.

any help will be appriciated
thanks

i've just set explicility the exporter of default-local.
i feel its pretty lame that enable and disable feature changes the status of the cluster without the ability to get back to the original status, but thats' the response i got from support.

10x

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.