Multitenant ElasticSearch

(Giuseppe Merlo) #1

Hi forum.

I want use Elasticsearch for collecting data and i want that my users can't access other users' data.
In other words, i want make accounting access for my users.

How can i make that?

Thanks you all!

(Staale) #2

Would suggest you look into the x-pack security options and configurations.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/xpack-security.html

(Giuseppe Merlo) #3

Yes, i'm trying to use it and i think works fine.

But if i would use elasticsearch 2.4.4 and Kibi? I see there's Shield, but i haven't see it yet

(Staale) #4

For ES 2.4.4 you should, as you state, look at Shield. Get in touch with the guys at elastic.co. They should be able to sort you out.

(Giuseppe Merlo) #5

Another question.

I'm using X-Pack, Elasticsearch 5.4 and Kibana and i want that my user can read documents from indexes. What role have i to assign to the user? I see that "Kibana_user" and "Kibana_system" permit to see Kibana sections, but do not permit to see documents from the user.

The only role that permits to see documents is "superuser".

Thanks.

(Christian Dahlqvist) #6

A user can have multiple roles. so you would give the user access to the kibana_user role in order to be able to use Kibana and then add other roles that control access to the indices being vizualised.

(Giuseppe Merlo) #7

Yep!

But what is the role that permits to see documents in indexes?

(Christian Dahlqvist) #8

You need to create it so that it matches your requirements. If you have multiple user, you probably need to create a role per user.

(Giuseppe Merlo) #9

Thanks!

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.