Need help in how to show popup in elastic dashboard and also is it possible to call external api's

Hi, Need to show popup in the elastic dashboard while clicking on any link/button. While clicking on link/button we need to call one external api to show the information in the popup. Is any feature available in elastic dashboard related to my requirement?

Have a look at Make dashboards interactive | Kibana Guide [8.11] | Elastic

Hi,Webservice call from Kibana dashboard this post requirement also same like my requirement, is any documentation available for this

I think the link I shared gives some ideas, no?

In case you missed it: Customize interactions with drilldowns | Kibana Guide [8.11] | Elastic

• URL — Navigates you from a dashboard to an external website. For example, a website with the specific host name as a parameter.

Hi dadoonet, Thanks for your reply. The link you shared is not relevant to my requirement, no need of opening external website from elk , I need to call one python api from elk dashboard itself and need to show that api response in the popup/dialog box.

no need of opening external website from elk

and

I need to call one python api from elk dashboard itself and need to show that api response in the popup/dialog box

sounds like contradictory to me.

The first says that you don't want to open a popup box.
The second says that you want to display results in the opened popup box.

So I don't know what you are looking for.

Hi dadoonet, You misunderstood my requirement. What i meant in my initial comment is -

• I want a popup.
  • I want to show api response in that popup.

All this, I want to show on click of a button or hyperlink present in elk dashboard.

I think that drilldowns would help to do that. Did you try?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.