No metricdata in Kibana

So i am pretty new to this topic.
I set up Metric- & Filebeat, Logstash, Elastic and Kibana (all version 7.2 current)
I pump my Metrics from 2 machines to Logstash
and Filebeat through logstash as well.
When i go to the 'Infrastructure' page in kibana i can see that both servers delivering Data.

Nevertheless when i goto 'View Metrics' i get the typical 'There is no data to display'

I assume i got my indexpatterns correct as there is an overview after all.
My config source looks as following:

My setup is VERY basic (metric- and filebeat just sending to logstash and this to elastic)

to clearify my question:
HOW do i get the metric information?
(as i am new please provide steps on HOW i do stuff when you propose a possible solution)
working on debian with java8 (if needed)

----EDIT----
Also Maybe important:
i upgraded the stack from 6.7 to 6.8 to 7.2 following the suggested steps i could find

Hey @m0nk3y, if you adjust your time filter, do you see any metrics?

Also, do you see any errors logged in your browser console?

hey @Brandon_Kobel sadly not.
i was playing around a bit more late night and decided to "hide" the metrics
and build some dashboards. funny that it thing is that that works (at least i can check there)

so the data is there AND is accessable but not in that specific view

@m0nk3y Do both nodes have issues or is it just one of them? The reason I ask is because when you run Metricbeat and Filebeat on the same system, the host.name that Filebeat doesn't match what Metricbeat sends. The result is you end up with 2 nodes for every host; one from Filebeat and one from Metricbeat. The Filebeat node will never have the right metrics but the node from Metricbeat should.

both nodes have the issue. i was thinking it might be a problem with putting the data through logstash and i missconfigured something so i changed the output directly to elasticsearch (but that changed nothing at all)

both nodes have custom names configured in filebeat.yml and metricbeat.yml and i made sure, that its correct AND they start with that configuration

I suspect the index pattern wasn’t created properly, since the data was sent via Logstash. When you switched to directly sending it, did you delete the old indices before hand?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.