Not able to install x-pack 5.6.2

Hi All,

I am new to ELK and I have managed to build the ELK Stack and now getting beats from several Windows servers.

I am trying to figure out the installation of x-pack.
I have ELK version 5.6.2
Since i am working on a linux machine that does not have internet sccess I need to install everything offline.
I downloaded the zip filr for version 5.6.2 from x-pack installation page and I put it in the /installs folder.

In order to install it for elasticsearch i used:
sudo /usr/sahre/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:///installs/z-pack-5.6.2.zip
after the above I am getting Error with installation.
I am getting -> Downloading file:///installs/x-pack-5.6.2.zip and then I am getting
[============================================================]100%
Then there is an ERROR regarding the zip.
Exception in thread 'main' java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size
and also getting all kind of Errors that read the zip is not OK
Since I can not copy and paste here I am tryinhg to explain as much as I can.

Managed to get the Error output:

-bash-4.2$ sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:///installs/x-pack-5.6.2.zip

Downloading file:///installs/x-pack-5.6.2.zip
[=================================================] 100%
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size (expected 0 but got 49465 bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.readEnd(ZipInputStream.java:384)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:196)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:107)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.unzip(InstallPluginCommand.java:456)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:217)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.InstallPluginCommand.execute(InstallPluginCommand.java:202)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:67)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.MultiCommand.execute(MultiCommand.java:69)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:134)
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90)
at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginCli.main(PluginCli.java:47)
The zip file for the plugin is OK since it insatlled successfullyfor the Kibana.
Can you please assist?

Thanks
Arye

When installing x-pack using a local file you need to specify the full/absolute path, are you sure /installs/x-pack-5.6.2.zip" is the absolute path ?

Regards

Yes it is.
I have managed to install the plugin under Kibana the same aproach - But under Elasticsearch I am getting this error.
As you also can see - it is downloading the file correctly - no Error accessing the file.
Thanks

I have a weird issue with the getting it accessed from the LAN as well.
When I edit the conf and bind the host to 0.0.0.0 the Service fails.
network.host: 0.0.0.0 makes my Elasticsearch fail.
I installed the RPM version 5.6.2 on RHEL7.
I also created an override.conf file for the service with the settings:
limitMEMLOCK=infinity
Reload the demon and it didn't work.

Also edit the limit.conf file as well with NO Luck :frowning: - How can I publish it on the LAN?

Can you please assist? thanks

Can you check if the x-pack you downloaded is not corrupted, by comparing the SHA produced by sha1sum or shasum with the published SHA.

For the second issue can you check the logs of the Elasticsearch instance that are failing and share the exact error you are getting
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/5.6/bootstrap-checks.html

Thanks. checked and for an unknown reason the file was not giving the correct SHA1.
Redowload it and no Error!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.