Installing X-Pack on Windows 2016

Hi Guys,

Stupid simple question. I'm new to installing Elasticsearch and do not know how to install x-pack, after i completed the msi install of Elasticsearch. During the ES install, i unchecked X-pack and wanted to install later. How do i install X-pack now?

My servers do not have internet access. Please help. :slight_smile:

Sorry if stupid noob question. I tried searching the forum but no dice, or im just blind.

Thanks for your time.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/installing-xpack.html mentions you can download the various zip files and then install in an offline mode.

There's also links to each of the install steps for Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana and those pages have the links to the files themselves. (Sorry it's convoluted!)

I was there already, and downloaded the file - but what next? The steps aren't noob friendly. :frowning: What do i do with those files?

The plugin install scripts require direct internet access to download and install X-Pack. If your server doesn’t have internet access, specify the location of the X-Pack zip file that you downloaded to a temporary directory.

bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:///path/to/file/x-pack-6.1.3.zip

Then just do the same sort of thing for each of the others.

/path/to/file needs to be the full path too.

That part is super confusing to me. Where do i save the zip file? What is the full command to install the contents of the zip file. That seems like a linux command and not cmd or powershell.
I'll probably just have to uninstall and reinstall, but would be nice to understand this.

Where ever you want, as long as it is on the host that has Elasticsearch/Kibana/Logstash.

It'll work for both.

bin/elasticsearch-plugin will be wherever you installed Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana.

Capture

I get the above error :frowning:

I'm an idiot. Thanks for explaining it to me. :slight_smile: I got it to run. Thanks for your patience in explain this to me. :slight_smile:

Don't sweat it, we're here to help with any and all problems :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.