Not able to see csv option in share button in discover tab

Installed kibana 6.7 on kubernetes using helm charts.

send some data. If want to export teh data to csv, option is not seen in share button of discover tab.

doc say post 6.3, xpack is installed by default. I logged in to teh K8S pod and checked under node_modules dir and xpack is not present.

does it require xpack? if yes, what setting I need to do?
I tried adding xpack.reporting.enabled=true but it failed saying install plugin

why do we require to install plugin < 6.3 ?
also, not abel to find any url to downlaod xpack plugin for 6.7 kibana

Pl suggest what more config is required to see all options in share button

Hey @Ulka, starting in Kibana 6.3 x-pack is included in the default distribution, so installing a separate plugin ins't required for Kibana 6.7. I'm guessing that your helm charts are using an OSS build of Kibana, which doesn't include x-pack. You'll want to update your helm charts to use docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:6.7.2

I changed the docker image as you mentioned (removed oss)
but Kibana is not abel to connect to Elastic search

In logs, I get error as
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-08-21T05:42:51Z","tags":["license","warning","xpack"],"pid":1,"message":"License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch
r the [data] cluster. [security_exception] Unexpected exception indices:admin/get :: {"path":"/_xpack","statusCode":500,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\"
\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"Unexpected exception indices:admin/get\"}],\"type\":\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"Unexpected exception indices:admin/get\
,\"status\":500}"}"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-08-21T05:42:51Z","tags":["status","plugin:xpack_main@6.7.2","error"],"pid":1,"state":"red","message":"Status changed from red to red - [security_exception] U

type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-08-21T05:42:53Z","tags":["license","warning","xpack"],"pid":1,"message":"License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch fo
the [data] cluster. [security_exception] Unexpected exception indices:admin/get :: {"path":"/_xpack","statusCode":500,"response":"{\"error\":{\"root_cause\":[{\"type\":
"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"Unexpected exception indices:admin/get\"}],\"type\":\"security_exception\",\"reason\":\"Unexpected exception indices:admin/get\"}
\"status\":500}"}"}

Looks like a security exception. Have you configured Kibana with the correct credentials to talk to Elasticsearch?

If you're using the default distribution docker image for Kibana, you'll also need to use the default distribution docker image for Elasticsearch.

our ES is on IBM cloud and by default they provision it with oss.
I do not have any control on that.

Is there any other way?

yes. with same creds it works with oss flavour

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.