Kibana:6.0.0 - X-Pack with Basic license?

I'm a little bit confused and I was hoping someone can clear it up for me...

per Image types | Kibana User Guide [6.0] | Elastic, there are two type/configuration of images: x-pack and oss.

I used oss version in the past, so I'd like to explore x-pack version, I start it up, however Cluster Overview says that I have Basic license without x-pack(

Please advise.

Hi Alexus,

yes, X-Pack is pre-installed in the default image. With X-Pack installed, Kibana expects to connect to an Elasticsearch cluster that is also running X-Pack. Probably stop the cluster and restart the services and can u plz post the output of GET _cluster/health

Thanks
Rashmi

@rashmi

I'm running docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-platinum:6.0.0 for elasticsearch and docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:6.0.0 for kibana:

$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                                          COMMAND                  CREATED              STATUS              PORTS                              NAMES
1194f62c95dd        docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:6.0.0                          "/bin/bash /usr/lo..."   44 seconds ago       Up 41 seconds       0.0.0.0:5601->5601/tcp             kibana_kibana_1
f3b1adb5cc0f        docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch-platinum:6.0.0   "/usr/local/bin/do..."   About a minute ago   Up About a minute   0.0.0.0:9200->9200/tcp, 9300/tcp   elasticsearch
$ 

GET _cluster/health:

{
"cluster_name": "docker-cluster",
"status": "yellow",
"timed_out": false,
"number_of_nodes": 1,
"number_of_data_nodes": 1,
"active_primary_shards": 13,
"active_shards": 13,
"relocating_shards": 0,
"initializing_shards": 0,
"unassigned_shards": 13,
"delayed_unassigned_shards": 0,
"number_of_pending_tasks": 0,
"number_of_in_flight_fetch": 0,
"task_max_waiting_in_queue_millis": 0,
"active_shards_percent_as_number": 50
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.