Kibana with X-pack Basic connected to AWS Elasticsearch (without X-pack)

Hi All,

I am running into issues integrating Kibana (X-pack Basic) with AWS Elasticsearch (no X-pack). Is this configuration supported? Can you connect a Kibana with X-pack Basic to an Elasticsearch with no X-pack?

This is the error I'm getting:

log   [20:41:06.429] [warning][license][xpack] License information from the X-Pack plugin could not be obtained from Elasticsearch for the [data] cluster. Authorization Exception :: {"path":"/_xpack","statusCode":403,"response":"{\"message\":\"Authorization header requires 'Credential' parameter. Authorization header requires 'Signature' parameter. Authorization headerrequires 'SignedHeaders' parameter. Authorization header requires existence of either a 'X-Amz-Date' or a 'Date' header. Authorization=Basic ZWxhc3RpYzpjaGFuZ2VtZQ==\"}"}

This is how I am running Kibana:

docker run -it \
    -p 5601:5601 \
    -e XPACK_SECURITY_ENABLED=false \
    -e XPACK_GRAPH_ENABLE=false \
    -e XPACK_GRAPH_ENABLE=false \
    -e XPACK_WATCHER_ENABLED=false \
    -e XPACK_ML_ENABLED=false \
    -e ELASTICSEARCH_URL=http://aws-es-url:80 \
    docker.elastic.co/kibana/kibana:6.2.4

Thanks!

No, this is as far as I know not supported. X-Pack need to be installed on Elasticsearch as well as Kibana.

If you want to use X-Pack features in the cloud you should have a look at the Elastic Cloud Elasticsearch Service where X-Pack is included.

Sounds good! Thanks for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.