Number formatting of Gauge legend

Hi all,

I am trying to create a Gauge visalization but wasn't able to achieve nicely formatted numbers in the legend. The problem is, that the ranges we use are quite high numbers and hence without any formatting quite hard to read:

Instead of 500000 the legend should say 500 000 or 500.000 (german way of separating thousands if anyone wonders).

I added some formatting to the field in the index pattern (format = Number and Numeral.js format pattern = Default) but it does not apply to the Gauge's legend for some reason.

Is there a way I can achieve what I need?

Some hard facts:
Version: 7.16 (We will upgrade to version 8 in some time, so if you have tips that work in 8.x but not in 7, it would be interesting for me anyways.)
Visualization: Aggregation based Gauge (If I can achieve the same with another editor like TSVB, that would be fine, too.)

Thank you and best regards
Bianca

Anyone any idea? :slightly_smiling_face: If I can provide any more information, please let me know.

Hi @bianca_s

unfortunately that's not possible in the Agg-based editor, unless using the Percentage mode (which then brings new scaling challenges).
The format seems to affect only the value in the center.

If the half-cycle gauge visualization type is not mandatory but it can be exchanged for another type as well I can propose perhaps a Lens Metric visualization (note: it requires an updated version of the stack, it does not show a legend, but it brings other styling features).

Hi Marco, thank you for your reply. Too bad it's not possible. Unfortunately, a metric visualization is not what we want. We will just have to live with how it looks like now.

Once we've migrated to a newer version, we will consider using a Lens Vertical Gauge.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.