ODBC Driver for elasticsearch

Hi, I am trying to configure the elastic odbc driver for Elasticsearch to then get data to power bi but when i test the connection for that it gives me error i dont know this error is related to what certificate or authorization error ?? could help me please with all appreciate .

for secuirty tab i choose first choice disable all communication un crypted

and the error was empty reply from server

Hi @muhammad_qassem,

It's hard to diagnose what's going on based on the information you've given, any number of things could be preventing you from reaching Elasticsearch. What is the error you're receiving? Is your Elasticsearch cluster reachable through curl or other direct network requests? How are you running Elasticsearch?

Do you have an enterprise license? The ODBC Driver requires a paid Enterprise License.

this is the error while i chose second choice of the secuirty tab ,, i installed elastic on windows 10 and actually i don't know odbc driver for elatic requires a licencse .. I just try to connect to it to get data to power bi as this is my task .

Thanks.

actually to add , this is just in my virtual machine i just downloaded elastic and run it then downloaded elastic driver for odbc of the same version and configured it so.

sorry for confusing, i found that it need a subscription so does there any other wat to get data in power bi ??

Yes you need a commercial licence for this feature.
You can activate the trial for 30 days from Kibana.

does using Elastic Rest API as a data source for my power bi need a licencse also ??

You can use the REST API with the basic default license.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.