Persist Kibana Session across browser restart

My kibana session expires if I close the browser and restart it. I am wondering if there's a way for me to persist the Kibana session across a browser restart so that I don't have to re-login if I close and re-launch my browser.

Is that possible?

What version of Kibana? What browser?

I only see this behaviour myself when I don't open the Kibana page for a while, but it usually persists for some time.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the prompt response. Kibana version: 6.8.6. Browser: Safari Version 14.0.2 (15610.3.7.1.10, 15610). Mac OS X Catalina version 10.15.7

Kibana session persists as long as I have the safari browser open. But if I close Safari and reopen it, then the session is destroyed which is obvious. I was seeing if there is a way to persist the session after closing and re-opening browser.

Does the same behaviour happen on a different browser?
Do you have any browser plugins installed?

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Yes, the same behaviour happens in other browsers as well. I use safari but can replicate this on chrome too. I guess that's expected since the session cookies are stored in browser. So closing that invalidates the session.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.