Plotting Time Series With No Aggregation in Kibana

I have these daily records (DayOfTheYear*, NumericValue) that span multiple years and I would like to plot them in the same histogram to visually try to spot similarities.

I actually managed to plot them using split series. The NumericValue on the Y-Axis and DayOfTheYear on X-Axis. Then I added Split Series with Sub-Aggregation with each year as Filters. So I have something like that:

enter image description here

But then I noticed that if I change the Aggregation on the Y-Axis from min to max.. the plots differ. What kind of aggregation is done? Since there's only one numericalValue/Day should't it be the minimum and also the maximum of that day? How could I simply plot the actual data (no aggregations)?

*DayOfTheYear is extracted from Date(YYYY/MM/dd).

Hi,

Unfortunately its not possible with Kibana visualizations now. Kibana is built on the concept of aggregations. You can try using Vega in Kibana to see if its possible.

Thanks,
Bhavya

I did not know about Vega. I will check it out.

Regarding the question, I had daily records for more items. So I forgot to filter by item. When you have only one record per day, the min is also the maximum of that day.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.