Plugin [analysis-icu] was built for Elasticsearch version 8.5.0 but version 8.9.1 is running

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the ELK from 8.5.0 to 8.9.1 version, Once installed 8.9.1 version, I need to install the analysis-icu] plug-in . Therefore I have followed the steps of this link ICU analysis plugin | Elasticsearch Plugins and Integrations [8.10] | Elastic

downloading what I think is the last version of [analysis-icu] --> analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip

Following this instructions: Unable to install plugin analysis-icu in elasticsearch/plugin - #11 by dadoonet

I save the file in : /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install -v /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip

But doesn't work the plug-in , and when I check the log in /var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log

I see that appears the following error: Plugin [analysis-icu] was built for Elasticsearch version 8.5.0 but version 8.9.1 is running

fatal exception while booting Elasticsearch
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin [analysis-icu] was built for Elasticsearch version 8.5.0 but version 8.9.1 is running
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsUtils.verifyCompatibility(PluginsUtils.java:108) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.loadBundle(PluginsService.java:440) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.loadBundles(PluginsService.java:303) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.<init>(PluginsService.java:173) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.plugins.PluginsService.lambda$getPluginsServiceCtor$16(PluginsService.java:702) ~[elasticsearc
h-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:427) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.node.Node.<init>(Node.java:334) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch$2.<init>(Elasticsearch.java:234) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.initPhase3(Elasticsearch.java:234) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]
        at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:72) ~[elasticsearch-8.9.1.jar:?]

Anybody knows what I am going wrong?

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Javier

You should download analysis-icu-8.9.1.zip

Or better install Elasticsearch 8.10.4.

Hi,

I installed the version of ELK 8.10.2.1 and analysis-icu plugin 8.10.4, but the same
when I run /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin list

It appear nothing

Is this behaviour due to because the versions are not same?

Kind Regards

Yes.

You must have the same exact version.

Hi,

I installed the Elasticsearch 8.10.4 ( last version)

./elasticsearch -version
Version: 8.10.4, Build: rpm/b4a62ac808e886ff032700c391f45f1408b2538c/2023-10-11T22:04:35.506990650Z, JVM: 21

and also try to install the plug-in analysis-icu 8.10.4

but the same , not installed correctly

First of all I downloaded de analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip and stored in

/usr/share/elasticsearch    

Then execute

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin  install -v /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin  install -v /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
-> Installing /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
-> Failed installing /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
-> Rolling back /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
-> Rolled back /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip
A tool for managing installed elasticsearch plugins

Non-option arguments:
command

Option             Description
------             -----------
-E <KeyValuePair>  Configure a setting
-h, --help         Show help
-s, --silent       Show minimal output
-v, --verbose      Show verbose output

ERROR: Unknown plugin /usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip, with **exit code 64**

Run :

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin list

And nothing appears:

Also I have checked the logs:

Check the logs:

/var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log

/var/log/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.log

And nothing appears referred to analysis-icu . I dont know where more find to get more info, in order to have more clue, about what I am doing wrong.

Kind Regards

Probably because you did not follow the documentation which says:

sudo bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:///path/to/plugin.zip

In your case that should be something:

sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install file:///usr/share/elasticsearch/analysis-icu-8.10.4.zip

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.