Querying Elastic Search from App

Whats the best way to query elasticsearch from a custom app? What I really want to show, is the discover functionality but more restrictive with filters. For example when I have an account number 12345678, I would like to query information for that account and then render that JSON in my custom app and then ofcourse, I would be able to specify the time interval. But thats about it!

Fastest way is by using App Search.

Otherwise yes you can integrate elasticsearch client in your application and query elasticsearch with whatever queries you need.

Ah! Did not even know it existed. Thanks I will try it out. Is this one of the Free plugins/tools available? We use the community edition and currently dont want to look into licensing.

No. It's available as a service.

We cant use something hosted outside of our environment. So what other option do we have then?

We cant use something hosted outside of our environment.

In the near future you will be able to deploy this service on premise but I think it will be available with a commercial license only. You can test it though today. See Download Elastic Enterprise Search | Elastic

So what other option do we have then?

What I answered already initially:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.