Redirecting problems in Stack Monitoring after changing to Metricbeat

Hello everyone!

I have a redirecting problem with the stack monitoring: Until now I used the internal method for collecting monitoring data of my cluster, which worked fine. Now I want to use Metricbeat to collect data, so I installed it on the Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash nodes, according to the documentation. So far everything works, indices and dashboards have been created and data is flowing into the cluster.

Now to my problem: When I click on "Stack Monitoring" in Kibana, the Dialog asking whether to set up monitoring with Metricbeat or internal collection shows up for about 1-2 Seconds until I get directed to an empty site:

If I'm fast enough to click on "Set up monitoring with Metricbeat" I get directed to the setup mode. After exiting setup mode the monitoring looks quite fine:

But the next time I click on "Stack Monitoring" the same happens again and I get an empty site. I also noticed that the URL on the empty site contains /monitoring#/home?_g= while after exiting the setup mode it is /monitoring#/overview?_g= Changing home to overview also calls the correct site.

My first thought were conflicting indices of internal and Metricbeat collection, but the problem still occurs after I deleted all old monitoring indices.

My monitoring settings in elasticsearch.yml:

xpack.monitoring.collection.enabled: true   
xpack.monitoring.elasticsearch.collection.enabled: false
xpack.monitoring.exporters.my_local.type: local

My monitoring settings in kibana.yml:

xpack.monitoring.enabled: true
xpack.monitoring.ui.enabled: true
xpack.monitoring.ui.container.elasticsearch.enabled: false
xpack.monitoring.ui.container.logstash.enabled: true
xpack.monitoring.ui.elasticsearch.username: "monitoring_internal"
xpack.monitoring.ui.elasticsearch.password: "..."
xpack.monitoring.kibana.collection.enabled: false

Any help would be great, thank you! :slight_smile:

I found the solution, it was no redirecting problem, it was this issue. The upgrade to 7.9.1 and the change to Metricbeat just occurred at the same time.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.