Report is blank - Kibana

Hi there,

I am facing the same issue that has been reported at Exporting to report to PDF in Kibana generates reports with empty data

When I export a visualization or dashboard as a PDF, I see a blank report exactly as the ones attached by the reporter in the above link.

As a result of this issue, I am not able to schedule automated reports using Watcher because I receive blank PDF attachments through email.

And as mentioned at this above URL by one of the elastic team members, is this because the time taken to fetch data from elasticsearch is too high?

Will it help if some timeout parameter is increased? If yes, which parameter should be increased and where?

Looking forward to a positive response from your end.

Many thanks

Hey @Indiresh_Ds, which version of Kibana are you using? We significantly improved the way that we detect the Visualizations rendering being complete in Kibana 6.2.0, are you in a situation where you could upgrade to 6.2 to see if it resolves your issues?

Hello @Brandon_Kobel

Thank you for your response. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, upgrading to 6.2 will not be possible since other teams are involved and they are using Kibana as well.

Is there a way to fix this in the version that I am using? I am using Kibana 5.6.7.

Hey @Indiresh_Ds, unfortunately there isn't, the fix that was included in 6.2 required extensive changes to the way we perform render completion detection. We usually saw this occurring on servers that were rather taxed for resources, you could potentially try running Kibana on a dedicated server with more resources to see if it makes the situation any better.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.