Reporting plugin for kibana taking wrong screenshots with unkown characters


(John Diaz) #1

Hi, reporting is generating pdf reports with unknown characters, when is a list of documents in a table, graphs are showing ok.


(Jakob Reiter) #2

Looks like the required system fonts are not available, can you install libfontconfig and libfreetype6 and see if that helps?
Which OS/Version is this and what version of Reporting?


(John Diaz) #3

I have Centos 6.7, Reporting is 2.4.2, i also tried installing these fonts, no success, tried a new install of kibana 4.6.2


(Joe Fleming) #4

It's definitely related to fonts. CentOS doesn't actually install any fonts, even after you install the font systems (libfontconfig and libfreetype6). You have to also install a font. Give open-sans-fonts a try (or whatever the equivalent in CentOS might be).


(John Diaz) #5

Just for the record, i tried for Centos 6.8:
wget http://www.itzgeek.com/msttcore-fonts-2.0-3.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh msttcore-fonts-2.0-3.noarch.rpm

That solved my problem!

Thanks.


(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.