Restore Elasticsearch HDFS snapshot on different machine

Hi, I'm looking for a way to restore my Elasticsearch-5 snapshot from HDFS onto new Elasticsearch-5 machine.

Few approaches like
Creating a repo from new Elasticsearch5, copying the data from old Elasticsearch repo to new and then accessing the snapshot. Which is the typical approach for FS. But new ES5 didn't recognize the old snapshot (HDFS).

Next Having both new and old Elasticsearch5 functioning with same username. Registering new repo with "path" being same, throws an exception

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"already_closed_exception","reason":"HdfsBlobStore is closed: hdfs://namenode:8020/url"}],"type":"already_closed_exception","reason":"HdfsBlobStore is closed: hdfs://namenode:8020/url"},"status":500}

Are there any entries in the Elasticsearch node logs that you could post with a stack trace?

Now I am trying with my previous approach itself.
i.e., copying directory content in HDFS filesystem.
Tried decoding indices sought off.

A new error popped up at the end -

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Unexpected field [routing_num_shards]"}],"type":"illegal_argument_exception","reason":"Unexpected field [routing_num_shards]"},"status":400}

How do I go about this?

Hey, I figured out the reason of incompatibility. Its working well for me now.

The issue was I using Elasticsearch-5-alpha at the restore side. Which is actually incompatible to restore Elasticsearch-5 snapshots from HDFS.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.