Restoring Dashboards

Hi everyone,

Today while we were working on dashboards. We deleted a model package by mistake and it affected all the dashboards. Basically, all the indices are present but with no data. All the configurations and everything is present without no data.

So to make things clear, let me give you a brief description of how dashboards are made in our environment. We are using an architecting tool and it has model packages. Based on the model packages, we create the dashboards. Luckily we do have the model package as a backup but I am not sure how to link the model package with dashboard. Is there anyway to link the model package (backup) with the existing dashboard?

I really need your support on this because this is a critical task and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Please note that we are using Elasticsearch 7.10.2 and Kibana 7.10.2. Your support is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Faisal Kazi

Kibana 7.10 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

Elasticsearch 7.10 is EOL and no longer supported. Please upgrade ASAP.

(This is an automated response from your friendly Elastic bot. Please report this post if you have any suggestions or concerns :elasticheart: )

It is not clear what is your issue, you need to share what is the error you are getting.

I'm not sure what you mean by model package and how this related to any Elastic tool, can you provide more context?

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Please be aware that while we will endeavour to help, we do not provide SLAs here :slight_smile:

Hi @Faisaljodayn Welcome to the community! (Note this is not SLA Based Support, it is a community forum)

What do you mean by

"We are using an architecting tool and it has model packages."

What tool? How does it create dashboard? How did you originally upload / install the dashboards?

"Is there anyway to link the model package (backup) with the existing dashboard?"

What is a model package... do you mean a Filebeat or Metricbeat Module?

You are going to need to provide more detail.

Hi everyone.

It is an architecting tool called Bizzdesign and the client is Enterprise Studio 4. So based on the model package created by Enterprise Studio, the dashboards are created. So each model package is linked to each dashboard. If the model package gets deleted, the values in the dashboard becomes empty.

I hope things are more clear now.

Apologies no not much clearer :slight_smile:

I think you are going to need reach out to your Bizzdesign support... This community focus elasticsearch... Not 3rd party tools.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.