Rule status is always pending

Hello World!

Via Kibana -> Management -> Alerts and Insights -> Rules and Connectors - all of my rules status is always Pending.

per Get Alerting framework health API | Kibana Guide [7.17] | Elastic

GET /api/alerting/_health

yet when I run it via Dev Tools, I get following:

#! [types removal] Specifying types in document get requests is deprecated, use the /{index}/_doc/{id} endpoint instead.
{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "index_not_found_exception",
        "reason" : "no such index [api]",
        "resource.type" : "index_expression",
        "resource.id" : "api",
        "index_uuid" : "_na_",
        "index" : "api"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "index_not_found_exception",
    "reason" : "no such index [api]",
    "resource.type" : "index_expression",
    "resource.id" : "api",
    "index_uuid" : "_na_",
    "index" : "api"
  },
  "status" : 404
}

Please advise.

Dev tools only speaks to Elasticsearch, not Kibana. You will need to use something like Postman or curl to talk to Kibana.

oh, right... my bad)) but why are rule status in pending though?

From docs:

Rule status

A rule can have one of the following statuses:

active
The conditions for the rule have been met, and the associated actions should be invoked.
ok
The conditions for the rule have not been met, and the associated actions are not invoked.
error
An error was encountered by the rule.
pending
The rule has not yet run. The rule was either just created, or enabled after being disabled.
unknown
A problem occurred when calculating the status. Most likely, something went wrong with the alerting code.

yes, I read that part as well.. but it's been like this for several days and it still shows pending..

Created within a Kibana space?

yes, alerts were created within the default space.

I'm running multiple Kibana instances, and noticed that if I delete all rules and re-create them in one of Kibana, the other Kibana isn't able to display monitoring at all and instead showing me these:

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 12.22.35 PM

while if there aren't any rules, monitoring app is working fine (by displaying me stats from cluster: elasticsearch, kibana and logstash)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.