Running elasticsearch in Eclipse

Hello, I'm trying to build Elasticsearch and get it to run in Eclipse. I'm following the directions in the CONFIGURATION.MD file.

This is my setup:

• macOS Mojave
  • java 12.0.2 OpenJDK
  • Eclipse Photon 4.9.0
  • Elasticsearch 7.0.1 (but I've tried many versions)

I run ./gradlew eclipse to configure Eclipse which appears to be successful:

=======================================
Elasticsearch Build Hamster says Hello!
  Gradle Version        : 5.2.1
  OS Info               : Mac OS X 10.14.3 (x86_64)
  JDK Version           : 12 (Oracle Corporation 12.0.2 [OpenJDK 64-Bit     Server VM 12.0.2+10])
  JAVA_HOME             : /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-    12.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home
  Random Testing Seed   : C2C6A6F5157DEE54
=======================================

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 7m 30s
2053 actionable tasks: 964 executed, 1089 up-to-date

Eclipse setup:

I configured eclipse.ini to use 2048m of heap:
-Xms256m
-Xmx2048m

Also I added -ea to Eclipse Default VM arguments

I added the project to Eclipse by: File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects Into Workspace. I included "Search for Nested Projects"

Eclipse reports 142 Errors in these packages:

• : example-plugins:security-authorization-engine
  • almost all the :x-pack packages, such as : x-pack:docs, : x-pack:license-tools, etc.

The first 100 errors are about "A cycle was detected in the build path..." and then "The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved"

Here is a sample error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
A cycle was detected in the build path of project ':example-plugins:security-authorization-engine'. The cycle consists of projects {:x-pack:plugin:core, :x-pack:license-tools, :example-plugins:security-authorization-engine, :x-pack:transport-client, :x-pack:docs, :x-pack:plugin, :x-pack:plugin:ccr, :x-pack:plugin:monitoring, :x-pack:plugin:watcher, :x-pack:plugin:ilm, :x-pack:plugin:ccr:qa:downgrade-to-basic-license, :x-pack:plugin:ccr:qa:multi-cluster, :x-pack:plugin:ccr:qa:non-compliant-license, :x-pack:plugin:ccr:qa:rest, :x-pack:plugin:ccr:qa:security, :x-pack:plugin:deprecation, :x-pack:plugin:graph, :x-pack:plugin:graph:qa:with-security, :x-pack:plugin:ilm:qa:multi-cluster, :x-pack:plugin:ilm:qa:multi-node, :x-pack:plugin:ilm:qa:rest, :x-pack:plugin:ilm:qa:with-security, :x-pack:plugin:logstash, :x-pack:plugin:ml, :x-pack:plugin:security, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:basic-multi-node, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:disabled, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:ml-with-security, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:native-multi-node-tests, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:no-bootstrap-tests, :x-pack:plugin:ml:qa:single-node-tests, :x-pack:plugin:rollup, :x-pack:plugin:security:cli, :x-pack:plugin:security:qa:tls-basic, :x-pack:plugin:sql, :x-pack:plugin:sql:jdbc, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa:multi-node, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa:security, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa:security:with-ssl, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa:security:without-ssl, :x-pack:plugin:sql:qa:single-node, :x-pack:qa:core-rest-tests-with-security, :x-pack:qa:evil-tests, :x-pack:qa:full-cluster-restart, :x-pack:qa:kerberos-tests, :x-pack:qa:multi-cluster-search-security, :x-pack:qa:multi-node, :x-pack:qa:openldap-tests, :x-pack:qa:reindex-tests-with-security, :x-pack:qa:rolling-upgrade, :x-pack:qa:rolling-upgrade-basic, :x-pack:qa:rolling-upgrade-multi-cluster, :x-pack:qa:saml-idp-tests, :x-pack:qa:security-client-tests, :x-pack:qa:security-example-spi-extension, :x-pack:qa:security-migrate-tests, :x-pack:qa:security-setup-password-tests, :x-pack:qa:security-tools-tests, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-monitoring-with-watcher, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-plugins, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-plugins-ssl, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-security-with-mustache, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-watcher, :x-pack:qa:smoke-test-watcher-with-security, :x-pack:qa:third-party:active-directory, :x-pack:qa:third-party:jira, :x-pack:qa:third-party:pagerduty, :x-pack:qa:third-party:slack, :x-pack:qa:transport-client-tests, :x-pack:test:feature-aware} :example-plugins:security-authorization-engine

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.