Saved Visualization Service: Visualization type of "metrics" is invalid. Please change to a valid type

I've installed Kibana, Logstash and Elasticsearch using this tutorial. I can see all my logs from another server in Kibana right now (using Filebeat), so that's fine.

When I go to the Visualize tab, two error messages appear:

• Saved Visualization Service: Visualization type of "metrics" is invalid. Please change to a valid type.
  • Saved Visualization Service: Visualization type of "timelion" is invalid. Please change to a valid type.

I'm not sure if the tutorial is outdated or I did something stupid, but I'm unable to figure out what's going wrong right now.

How can I fix this problem?

Hi Stephan. That DO tutorial is using a pretty old version of our stack. It looks like it's out of date. It sounds like you're trying to create visualizations that exist in a more recent version of Kibana.

You might want to try following our official getting started documents, which can be found here:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/getting-started.html

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.