Security_exception: action [indices:admin/create] is unauthorized for user [elasticsearch] with effective roles [superuser] on restricted indices [.kibana_analytics_8.13.4_001], this action is granted by the index privileges [create_index,manage,all]'

Hi there,

I have been looking at similar topics, but I haven't been able to resolve this error. First of all, I wanted to mention that I faced some problems when I installed Elasticsearch, because the default user "elastic" was not created, so I had to create a new user called "elasticsearch". Now, when I try to start Kibana, I'm getting this error:

[2024-07-26T10:20:26.714-03:00][ERROR][savedobjects-service] [.kibana] Action failed with 'security_exception
        Root causes:
                security_exception: action [indices:admin/create] is unauthorized for user [elasticsearch] with effective roles [superuser] on restricted indices [.kibana_8.13.4_001], this action is granted by the index privileges [create_index,manage,all]'

What can I do to be able to use Kibana?

Thanks!

Patricio

You can't use elastic or any user with superuser role in kibana.yml on Elasticsearch/Kibana version 8 and onwards. Instead use kibana_system user.

elasticsearch.username: "kibana_system"
elasticsearch.password: "new-test-password"

If you don't know the kibana_system user password you can use the following command to reset the password.

bin/elasticsearch-reset-password -u kibana_system -i

1 Like

Thank you! That's works, I could solve the issue.