Separating the logs

Hello All,

Could you please someone help me to achieve this task. My requirement is to separate the logs like website wise.

I have many websites configured in my system. Most of the website logs are storing in a file so i am able to display the logs in kibana but as soon as open kibana everyone able to view all logs.To avoid that By using x-pack i created the users but dont know how to restrict the user wise access to website logs.

Ex: Now A user can only see abc.com logs and B user can see xyz.com site logs but not other sites. How can i make this type of restriction in ELK?

Regards
Raja

Is there some kind of identification tag in each log so you can filter?

Hi Mark,

Yes, identification tag is there. The logs are showing site name like abc.com, xyz.com in their own site logs.

Regards
Raja

Hi Mark,

I just reviewed the logs and found common identification names like few of them below

Service
application_name
resource

Above all names are there for all sites.

Regards
Raja

This is going to be your next step - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/field-and-document-access-control.html

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone thru the link but i am confusing where the indices has to be written and also how to define site based restriction.

If you dont mind could you please provide some example config so that i will try to use and make accordingly.

Regards
Raja

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.