Want to give only specific Webservice or API logs

Hi All,

I have a requirement like below. Please help me to make the configuration accordingly.

Collect the logs and index user based APIs.

I am trying to integrate Layer 7 API Gateway logs where i could see many APIs and their logs.What i have done is below.

1. I want to collect all logs from Gateway and store in elasticsearch.
  2. By using x-pack i am able to create the users.
  3. I am able to search the logs in kibana dashboard.

Pending actions:

1. How to restrict the user to access only specific API logs. If he tries to access any other logs kibana should show Accessing invalid API logs.

Please guide me to work on this.

Regards
Raja

You need to use the Security functionality in X-Pack to do access control.

Also, please reformat your post, it is very hard to read.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have to use the x-pack to do access control. So, I did it.
I am able to login kibana by using individual users. Now i want to restrict each user with their own APIs(webservices).

Example:

• A user can only able to search service1 logs
  • B user can only able to search service2 logs.

So, I have created 10 users like this in kibana dashboard. Now how can i restrict to view their own service logs.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards
Raja

Is there anybody help me on this?

You'll get more help if you don't keep hiding your messages in code blocks so we have to scroll to read what you've written. Please take out the silly formatting as asked before. That will help you get answers.

Hello,

Sorry for the lengthy information.I am not hiding anything here and also nothing has return in any of my configuration files(logstash,kibana and elasticsearch).

If you can help me hat would be great.
Hope i made the format now clearly

Regards
Raja

Hello,

Any one help me on this?

Regards
Raja

Can someone please help on this request...

You probably want https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/x-pack/current/field-and-document-access-control.html#document-level-security

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.