Sharing of Pre-Configured Dashboard

Hello all,
I created a Dashboard now i wants to export it to another person for visualization through shell script so i wants to know the location where the json format is stored

Thanks & Regards
Shrikant

Hello,

The JSON is saved in the .kibana index on your ES instance so you can get it from there via cURL.

Hello Marius
Actually i wants to to create a script so that i can share my preconfigured dashboard and for that we must know where that file is stored so that we can replace it their

Thanks & Regards
Shrikant

Hello Marius
I got stuck here as i dont want to import json file in dashboard manually. I wants to import it through shell script but for that we must be aware of the location where that json file is stored

Thanks & Regards

I don't understand what you want here. There is no .json file stored on the disk as is. All Kibana objects are stored in Elasticsearch and retrieved from there. You can do a GET request on the .kibana index to retrieve your dashboard (but you need to know it's ID) and a POST request in the new .kibana index so that it will be imported.

I am talking about this file it is the exported dashboard json file which is generated when we export our dashboard

Yes, that is generated from the data inside Elasticsearch. You can see them in your Kibana if you create an index pattern like this ".kibana*" and you can find them in the discover.

Imagine if i send this json file to you and you want to import it in your system and data is already their in your system is their any way to import it to dashboard without manually pressing import key?

Yes, i was telling you just that. You do this:
curl -XGET 'elasticseash:9200/.kibana/dashboard/7725c000-5bf4-11e7-ad17-ab724f5cab23?pretty'
where "7725c000-5bf4-11e7-ad17-ab724f5cab23" is the UID of the dashboard.

The answer that you get from there you send to the new Kibana instance:
curl -XPUT 'elasticsearch:9200/kibana/dashboard/?pretty' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d''

This is not an explicit supported behavior, so you need to make sure you don't overwrite another dashboard with the new dashboard document.

Okay. But I had another query:

While writing my json file which I have to import into the dashboard through .kibana index, how to provide the correct mappings in my json file so that my dashboard gets preconfigured to receive the data that my logstash sends to elasticsearch and visualizations starts with data changing automatically.

You also need to port the other objects from your .kibana index, like index patterns from logstash and the visualizations.

Hello Marius,
Sorry to interrupt again,
Can you please elaborate how mapping will be done with the help of some example and also where the mapping will be applied.
Thanks & Regards
Shrikant

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.