The reporting job failed + Error: Max attempts (3) reached for job X. Failed with: Error: Unable to get index-pattern

Hello World!

I'm trying to:

yet while trying to run report (using "added*" index-pattern), getting the following error:

The reporting job failed
Error: Max attempts (3) reached for job X. Failed with: Error: Unable to get index-pattern


My "custom_reporting_user" role:

GET /_security/role/_reporting-XYZ


{
  "_reporting-XYZ" : {
    "cluster" : [ ],
    "indices" : [
      {
        "names" : [
          "added*"
        ],
        "privileges" : [
          "view_index_metadata",
          "read"
        ],
        "field_security" : {
          "grant" : [
            "*"
          ],
          "except" : [ ]
        },
        "query" : """{"bool":{"must":[{"match_phrase":{"tag":{"query":"XYZ"}}}]}}""",
        "allow_restricted_indices" : true
      }
    ],
    "applications" : [ ],
    "run_as" : [ ],
    "metadata" : { },
    "transient_metadata" : {
      "enabled" : true
    }
  }
}

I don't have any issues when report run as "superuser", only user with _reporting-XYZ role assigned.

Please advise)
Thank you in advance)

Now using a different custom_reporting_user role and with a completely relaxed query, I was able to generate one report somehow, and the next report failed with a slightly different error:

Error: Max attempts (3) reached for job X. Failed with: Error: Saved object [index-pattern/XYZ] not found

P.S. I did saved the object before attempting to generate CSV report.

Hi @alexus ,

I believe this section of our reporting troubleshooting will be helpful to solve the problem you're facing Reporting troubleshooting | Kibana Guide [8.3] | Elastic

Cheers

Thank you for looking into my topic.

The link you provided is to reference to creating a PDF or PNG report, however in my case, I'm trying to generate CSV report instead.

I did set xpack.reporting.queue.timeout (2m) and xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.port, xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.protocol and xpack.reporting.kibanaServer.hostname to their respective values, unfortunately that did not help...

back to square zero(

I may have another clue...

In "Report Info", under "Processed by", I'm seeing another Kibana instance, instead of the one where report was initiated at the first place.