Timelion querying bytes_in over pool

I want to have visualization showing bytes_in sorted by pools, here's expl of data:

beat.name	       		x.x.x.x
beat.version	       	5.6.8
bytes_in	       		202091918
bytes_out	       		8688067381
hadrware.visibility	    private
hardware.subtype	    loadbalancer
hardware.type	       	networking
host	       			xxxxx
pool	       			poolA
input_type	       		log
loadbalancer	       	x.x.x.x
timestamp	       		2018-03-05 10:50:01

So every 1 min I have multiple pools having bytes_in, and I wanna get them sorted with timeleon, tried this .es(metric=pool:*,metric=bytes_in:*) but it's not working.

You will probably want to start with something like this...

.es(index="INDEXNAME", metric="sum:bytes_in", split="pools:10", kibana=true)

Odds are you will want to do more with the chart. Here is an example of one of the charts in our solution...

.es(index="elastiflow-*", metric="sum:flow.bytes", split="flow.client_hostname:10", kibana=true).multiply(8).scale_interval(1s).fit(mode=scale).if(operator="lt", if=0, then=0).trim(start=1,end=1).label(regex="^.* flow.client_hostname:(.+) > .*$", label="$1").lines(width=1, stack=true, fill=1).yaxis(label="bits / sec", units="bits/s", min=0)

To make it more readable...

.es(
    index="elastiflow-*",
    metric="sum:flow.bytes",
    split="flow.client_hostname:10",
    kibana=true
)
.multiply(8)
.scale_interval(1s)
.fit(mode=scale)
.if(
    operator="lt",
    if=0,
    then=0
)
.trim(
    start=1,
    end=1
)
.label(
    regex="^.* flow.client_hostname:(.+) > .*$",
    label="$1"
)
.lines(
    width=1,
    stack=true,
    fill=1
)
.yaxis(
    label="bits / sec",
    units="bits/s",
    min=0
)

The result looks like this...

Hi @rcowart, thx for the feedback and indeed I think this could help me a lot but after querying I get following Fata Error:

Error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'from' of undefined (https://x.x.x.x:x.x.x.x/bundles/commons.bundle.js?v=15523:94)
    at window.onerror (https://x.x.x.x:x.x.x.x/bundles/commons.bundle.js?v=15523:90:22028)

Seems to be a Kibana problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.