Top N - how to link to dashboard with filter instead of query

I have a customized Systems Overview dashboard for Beats data, and I wanted it to link to a Host Details dashboard by drilling down not by query, because query doesn't correctly filter some of the visualizations, but by filter from the Top N visualizations on the page.

I've been trying to work this out for a while and couldn't find reliable help instructions anywhere through searching, so I picked apart a URL to figure it out.

I thought I'd share since I'm sure someone else out there would like to use this.

When editing a Top N visualization and navigating to Item Url, you can define a URL and it can use {{key}} so if your Top N viz is by beat.hostname, you can use the following URL.

Just two parts of the string to replace with your own details (REPLACEWithYourDesiredDashboardIDENTIFIER and REPLACEWithYourIndexNUMBER).

Item Url:

../app/kibana#/dashboard/REPLACEWithYourDesiredDashboardIDENTIFIER?_a=(description:'',filters:!(('$state':(store:appState),meta:(alias:!n,disabled:!f,index:'REPLACEWithYourIndexNUMBER',key:beat.hostname,negate:!f,params:(query:{{key}},type:phrase),type:phrase,value:{{key}}),query:(match:(beat.hostname:(query:{{key}},type:phrase))))))

If all you want to do is link by query, you can use this:
../app/kibana#/dashboard/REPLACEWithYourDesiredDashboardIDENTIFIER?_a=(query:(query_string:(analyze_wildcard:!t,query:'beat.hostname:"{{key}}"')))

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.