Translating Kibana to el

Hi there!

I started localization for el (Greek language).

I did everything according to guidelines.

I extracted the en.json file from kibana after clone it from git.

On kibana downloaded from here (v.7.6.2), I made the following changes:

• In kibana.yml, I change i18n.locale from "en" to "el".
  • Added the extracted en.json file in the root ./x-pack/plugins/translations/translations and renamed the file from en.json to el.json .
  • In the root kibana-7.6.2-windows-x86_64/.i18nrc.json and kibana-7.6.2-windows-x86_64/x-pack/.i18nrc.json declared the existence of the el.json.
  • Added el locale data in the root kibana-7.6.2-windows-x86_64\node_modules\intl-messageformat\lib\locales.js.
  • Launch Kibana with new settings.

Some messages/strings changed, but some texts from buttons remain en.
Please check the bellow ss from list of Visualizations.

The button's text is half en, half el.
I have changed "kbn.management.createIndexPatternHeader" from 'Create ': {indexPatternName}" to "Δημιουργία {indexPatternName}".

Please let me know what should be done to local kibana so as to apply these changes.

This isn't the right phrase, you need to provide kibana-react.tableListView.listing.createNewItemButtonLabel

Thank you @flash1293 for your reply.
I have also translated this key as below:
"kibana-react.tableListView.listing.createNewItemButtonLabel": "Δημιουργία {entityName}" and is not working.

Could you share any idea @flash1293 ?

I confirmed this is the right key - make sure it's not specified multiple times in your translation file, it's specified in the right place and to restart your Kibana for the changes to take effect.

Hi @flash1293. Just to mention that I use Elasticsearch/Kibana v7.6.2. Is there any other instruction that it is needed to follow for this version?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.