I have started localization Kibana to greek language. I made my experiments in an Ubuntu20.04 system. I made the following changes after cloning development code from kibana repo:
- extracted en.json file via node scripts/i18n_extract tool
- renamed en.json file to el-GR.json file
- edited el-GR.json file, specifying some desirable text
- integrated el-GR translation via node scripts/i18n_integrate tool
- added the appropriate entry for el-GR.json file in ./x-pack/ .i18nrc.json file
- added the appropriate entry for el-GR.json file in ./x-pack/plugins/translations/tsconfig.json file
- added the appropriate entries (addLocales statements) in ./packages/kbn-18n/src/core/locale.js file
- defined i18n.locale: "el-GR" in ./config/kibana.yml file
Indeed, when I start running Elasticsearch / kibana (yarn es snapshot --license trial /
yarn start --run-examples) , I can see the translated messages!
Notice that the procedure I followed seems to have added a new translation to the existent x-pack plugin (eg ./x-pack/plugins/translations/translations/ included the whole translations), so the supported additional languages are now three: zh-CN, ja-JP, el-GR.
How can I make a distributable version of kibana in order to have available in production mode the greek translation; eg should I rebuild and install the existent x-pack plugin; Should I rebuild another packet or the entire kibana dev code; Which commands should I use; My target is to add the support of greek translation in an existent kibana prod installation. I am a little bit confused about this issue.
Thank you in advance!