I am trying to setup marvel and kibana in the separate monitoring cluster with the following settings:
Referred ES documentation here: Installing marvel
- Installed marvel-agent and license on my data+master nodes (restarted after the settings were made)
excerpt of elasticsearch.yml in my elasticsearch data+master nodes is as below
cluster.name: elasticsearch1 node.data: true node.master: true marvel.agent.enabled: true marvel.agent.exporters.es.type: http marvel.agent.exporters.es.host: ["http://marvel-host:9200"] marvel.enabled: false
where id in the exporters is es
- Created a monitoring cluster with hostname : marvel-host
- Installed kibana following getting started guide here
- Verified that kibana was up (kibana points to elasticsearch in the monitoring cluster, marvel-host:9200)
- Installed marvel plugin for kibana
bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/latest
- I could see marvel tab in the kibana dashboard.
The problem is I don't see my elasticsearch cluster. I seem to be missing something, but above is the exact procedure as described in the Elasticsearch documentation.
With ES & marvel 1.x, marvel had to be installed in the marvel monitoring cluster as well, is it the same here, should I install marvel as plugin for elasticsearch in the monitoring cluster?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
[Edit: I also do not see .marvel-es-data* index in my monitoring elasticsearch]
[Update: I see below in kibana logs, but I dont see .marvel-es-data index]
log [05:26:58.520] [info][status][plugin:elasticsearch] Status changed from red to green - Kibana index ready log [05:26:58.574] [info][status][plugin:marvel] Status changed from yellow to green - Marvel index ready log [05:27:01.108] [debug][plugin] Checking Elasticsearch version