Unable to restore snapshots after reinstalling elk

Hello Team-
We have tried to update our current ELK from 7.4.0 to 7.16.0, after creating a snapshot from Kibana. However, we were unable to do so. So, we have uninstalled Elasticsearch from all our 6 nodes (which were in cluster) and also deleted data as our file system was 99% utilised.

We were able to bring back up the 6 nodes clusters after we have re-installed Elasticsearch again. But we were unable to see the snapshot in Kibana we created in prior. We are constantly getting the below errors.

nested: RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] a file written by master to the store [/data/repo/elasticsearch_backup] cannot be accessed on the node [{node_name}{Sy6-OHfSTYyYsoWUOKpDfA}{Kjil15LmREC97v558KLzCw}{node_name}{node_name:9300}{cdfhilmrstw}{ml.machine_memory=33566654464, xpack.installed=true, transform.node=true, ml.max_open_jobs=512, ml.max_jvm_size=1073741824}]. This might indicate that the store [/data/repo/elasticsearch_backup] is not shared between this node and the master node or that permissions on the store don't allow reading files written by the master node]; nested: NoSuchFileException[/data/repo/elasticsearch_backup/tests-YjlfrbRZQDaEPiv-oTb4-g/master.dat];']]"},"status":500}

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"repository_exception","reason":"[backup] could not read repository data from index blob"}],"type":"repository_exception","reason":"[backup] could not read repository data from index blob","caused_by":{"type":"json_parse_exception","reason":"Unexpected character ('?' (code 63)): expected a valid value (JSON String, Number, Array, Object or token 'null', 'true' or 'false')\n at [Source: (sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream); line: 1, column: 2]"}},"status":500

Can anyone help me on the same?

Welcome to our community! :smiley:

Did you check that?

yes Mark. I have checked that. That folder is present in every node. I will check if this folder has a shared mount between them rn.

It has to be a shared mount.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.