Unable to Start Elasticsearch after installation

Hello Team,
I have installed the new rpm package( v6.4.2) on to a Redhat linux 7 machine, after the installation, i changes the path.data and path.log to custom location and changed the ES_tempdir to customized location

After above two changes,i tried the systemctl start elasticsearch.service

but i don't see any evidence of elasticsearch started in that server, am i missing any other config changes here. Please advise...

What do you see in the logs?

I see wide variety of them, most annoying one is mentioned below.

[root@xxxxxxxxxx elasticsearch]# bin/elasticsearch
Error: Could not find or load main class .etc.elasticsearch

It would be good to understand:

• What does your config file look like, exactly?
  • Do the mentioned paths exist?
  • Do the corresponding have appropriate permissions?
  • What is the full relevant output of the log?

ok, I haven't done much changes to my config yet.. I also didn't change the default path.data and path.log in eleasticsearch.yml

Also everytime i trigger "systemctl start elasticsearch.service", i dont see any log files getting generated under the /var/log/elasticsearch. I am able to some hint on the sattus through the journalctf tail

Next, I am trying to execute the service via root user, which is explictiy confirm at time, so i going to create a new user "elasticsearch" and group for the same now.

I will create the user and try the execution once and confirm the output.

No luck yet, still getting the below error after doing the changes..

bash-4.2$ bin/elasticsearch
Error: Could not find or load main class .etc.elasticsearch

output from journalctl

Oct 26 06:23:40 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com systemd[1]: Started Elasticsearch.
Oct 26 06:23:40 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch...
Oct 26 06:23:40 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com polkitd[846]: Unregistered Authentication Agent for unix-process:94895:131135418 (system bus name :1.8406, object path /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale en_US.UTF-8) (disconnected from bus)
Oct 26 06:23:51 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com elasticsearch[94901]: Error: Could not find or load main class .etc.elasticsearch
Oct 26 06:23:51 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Oct 26 06:23:51 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com systemd[1]: Unit elasticsearch.service entered failed state.
Oct 26 06:23:51 RCOVLNX3403.corp.frk.com systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service failed.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.