Starting elasticsearh.service gives : No such file or directory

Hi all,

My elasticsearch instance crashed all of a sudden and when I try to restart the elasticsearh.service it gives:
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status elasticsearh.service ● elasticsearh.service Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory) Active: inactive (dead)

Also the folder /etc/elasticsearch/ is empty. But when I try to start it from the location where I downloaded the elasticsearch (sh /elasticsearch-6.4.0/bin/elastisearch) it starts.

Now how do I get it as a service again without losing any data & configurations?

Output of starting the elasticsearch.service:

serive%20not%20found

How did you install Elasticsearch? You mention the systemd service, which currently is only present in the rpm or deb packages, but you also referenced starting elasticsearch via its bin/elasticsearch script. There should definitely be configuration files under /etc/elasticsearch. Is this a production or test system? If the latter, at a glance, I would say try wiping all your installations and installing fresh with a single installation source. Otherwise, please provide some more info about your installation and setup.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.