Unable to use Role-based access control when updating license from trial to basic license

Hello,

My present scenario is that I'm using ELK on a linux machine. Upon upgrading my expired trial license to a basic one, i'm unable to use Role-based access control (which is normally in the Platinum version) in kibana. That is, I cannot hereafter create users with different roles.

I understand that the Role-based access control functionality is set up on the security path of X-pack. So I inserted this configuration : xpack.security.enabled: true in the yaml files of elastic and kibana, and lastly I restarted both tools.
Upon start of kibana, I still cant use the Role based access control.

Command use to check if xpack is installed:

x-pack%20plugins

Could you please suggest how i can regain this functionality?

Ganessen.

Security is not covered by the Basic license, and does as shown here require a commercial license.

Hi Christian,

Is there any way to revert back to the trial license so as to obtain the Security other than subscribing to a platinum license.

Ganessen.

The trial license has a limited duration. After that has expired a commercial license is required.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.