Upgrade after trial license

Hi

I've tried out x-pack security, but decided not to buy it, and reverted to a basic license. Today, when I upgraded ES from 5.1.2 to 5.2.0, I got the following errors:

[INFO ][o.e.x.s.a.e.NativeRealmMigrator] [log] Upgrading security from version [5.1.2] - new reserved user [logstash_system] will default to disabled
[ERROR][o.e.x.s.a.e.NativeUsersStore] [log] unable to clear realm cache for user [logstash_system]
org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSecurityException: current license is non-compliant for [security]

and

[ERROR][o.e.x.s.SecurityTemplateService] [log] failed to upgrade security data from version [5.1.2]
org.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchException: clearing the cache for [logstash_system] failed. please clear the realm cache manually

Is this i bug, and how can I completely remove any traces of x-pack security?

This is a bug, but it shouldn't cause you any ongoing issues. You should only see that error the first time you start your cluster after upgrading to 5.2.0.

To completely disable xpack security, I would recommend setting

xpack.security.enabled: false

in your config/elasticsearch.yml file

When running on a basic license security is largely inactive, but not totally disabled (this allows you to upgrade to a gold or platinum license at a future point with the minimum of fuss).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.