Hi, I am in the process of planning the migration of our current Elasticsearch cluster (version 5.2), to version 6.x.
- Firstly, I was thinking to upgrade to 5.6 in order to have use of Kibana's upgrade assistant. However, it's not entirely clear to me what the upgrade assistant does.
- This link says there are two functionalities, the first being a cluster checkup and the second being a reindex helper.
- How does the reindex helper work?:
- Where will I define the desired new mapping for each index?
- What happens when the data is loaded into the v6 index mapping structure? - Will it keep the copies of my v5 indices as well? (I don't want v5 indices to be deleted as I have an app that runs search queries against them, this will otherwise break if their structure changes.)