Upgrade to 6.0 with basic license

I'm on 5.6.3 and the upgrade assistant is telling me to reindex .watches and .triggered_watches - but this fails with "current license is non-compliant for [watcher]".

.triggered_watches I just deleted, but .watches index fails with "error": "This endpoint is not supported for DELETE on .watches index.".

Any tips on what to do with the .watches index so I can upgrade?

I got a similar problem (not able to delete the .watches index). I ended up with a nasty workaround by removing in data dir the directory corresponding to the .watches index.

Not ideal but at least it worked for me.

cc @spinscale

Thanks, I guess I'll have to do that. But this makes the upgrade process for the basic license holders a bit messy...

I agree. I believe we should allow removing .watcher old indices when the watcher is disabled which is what is happening with the basic license.

@spinscale WDYT?

I opened an internal issue BTW about this.

Any other solution for this issue except for deleting folders?

You can run

DELETE .watches*

This is a nicer solution - you just have to make sure that action.destructive_requires_name: true is not set in your config file (I just commented it out for the delete).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.