Upgrade to 7.4.2 no results with KQL query

Hi All,
I upgrade my on-premise ELK stack from 7.3.1 to 7.4.2. Now I have noticed that when I type in a KQL command into the Kibana search field, then click on Apply nothing happens.
If I use the Filter tool to create a query, then it works fine and returns a result.
Also if I change from KQL to Lucene in the search field, then type in a valid query, I get results.

So basically it looks like when I type in some syntax e.g. destination-address : 8.8.8.8 when it is set to KQL, nothing happens and no results are returned.

This was working fine with ELK 7.3.1

Thank you.

Can you look in the Inspector menu when you run it with and without the KQL query and post them here?

Hi Marius,
Please find the output below:

When I put in destination-address : 8.8.8.8 into search field I get below

Inspect menu shows:
{
"version": true,
"size": 500,
"sort": [
{
"@timestamp": {
"order": "desc",
"unmapped_type": "boolean"
}
}
],
"_source": {
"excludes":
},
"aggs": {
"2": {
"date_histogram": {
"field": "@timestamp",
"fixed_interval": "30s",
"time_zone": "Europe/London",
"min_doc_count": 1
}
}
},
"stored_fields": [
""
],
"script_fields": {},
"docvalue_fields": [
{
"field": "@timestamp",
"format": "date_time"
}
],
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [],
"filter": [
{
"match_all": {}
},
{
"range": {
"@timestamp": {
"format": "strict_date_optional_time",
"gte": "2019-11-19T10:34:14.923Z",
"lte": "2019-11-19T10:49:14.924Z"
}
}
}
],
"should": [],
"must_not": []
}
},
"highlight": {
"pre_tags": [
"@kibana-highlighted-field@"
],
"post_tags": [
"@/kibana-highlighted-field@"
],
"fields": {
"
": {}
},
"fragment_size": 2147483647
}
}

When I put in just 8.8.8.8 into the search field

inspect menu shows

{
"version": true,
"size": 500,
"sort": [
{
"@timestamp": {
"order": "desc",
"unmapped_type": "boolean"
}
}
],
"_source": {
"excludes":
},
"aggs": {
"2": {
"date_histogram": {
"field": "@timestamp",
"fixed_interval": "30s",
"time_zone": "Europe/London",
"min_doc_count": 1
}
}
},
"stored_fields": [
""
],
"script_fields": {},
"docvalue_fields": [
{
"field": "@timestamp",
"format": "date_time"
}
],
"query": {
"bool": {
"must": [],
"filter": [
{
"multi_match": {
"type": "best_fields",
"query": "8.8.8.8",
"lenient": true
}
},
{
"range": {
"@timestamp": {
"format": "strict_date_optional_time",
"gte": "2019-11-19T10:42:40.788Z",
"lte": "2019-11-19T10:57:40.788Z"
}
}
}
],
"should": [],
"must_not": []
}
},
"highlight": {
"pre_tags": [
"@kibana-highlighted-field@"
],
"post_tags": [
"@/kibana-highlighted-field@"
],
"fields": {
"
": {}
},
"fragment_size": 2147483647
}
}

I just upgraded to 7.5.0 and it works now, meaning when I type in a KQL command the results are returned. Inspector menu now shows query being made, which it was not doing in version 7.4.2 when I typed a KQL command.