URL Display a different field

Hi all,

I have an index with two fields, one is the full URL(link) I want to go to and the other is the text field(title) I want to display. Is it possible to create a configuration as such that a filed that will display one but the actual link is another.

I have checked the documentation and done some googling and I believe this might be possible via a scripted field but I can't figure out the configuration any help you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Oliver2,

I don't think it is possible unless you can reliably build a URL string from the title.

For example, I want format customer name as a link pointing to: https://my-website/{{ customer_full_name}}
In this case I can go to Index Patterns -> edit "customer_full_name" field -> Format as URL ->

If this doesn't work for you, then workaround you could try is to use "Format as URL" on your URL field to display some static text instead of the URL (e.g. display "View" instead of the URL):

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 13.08.49

I have checked the documentation and done some googling and I believe this might be possible via a scripted field but I can't figure out the configuration any help you can give would be great.

It doesn't seem that scripted field could help here, because it has to return a single string, but you need to somehow use both: URL and title separately.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.