Use dates in the Y-axis

Hello all,

I hope that I don't make a mistake and that the topic is not opened somewhere.

I want to use dates in Y-axis, and add the start time (in HH:mm:ss format) and the end time (same format) to show the tendency of batch in this axis.
These fields are in date format, not number.

On the X-axis, it's just a date histogram by day.

I don't know what kind of aggregation I need to use (Max and Min are the only choices that allow me to show time, but it's completely wrong.

Could you help me ?

Regards,
Charlotte

Could you provide a sample of your documents as well as some sort of sketch or screenshot of what you're trying to accomplish?

I have this kind of data in my discover part :

I want to use the EndTimeBatch and the StartTimeBatch in my Y-axis, and in the X-axis, the standard date histogram by day.

At final, the graph looks like that :

But I don't find how to use date in the Y-axis.

I hope my answer is more clear.

Regards,
Charlotte

What type do you have mapped for StartTimeBatch and EndTimeBatch?

Hello I have the exact same need. I want to check the tendencies of our nightly batches. I guess I could transform the time part of my @timestamps into a number of seconds since midnight but it won't be really readable.
any idea ?
thank you.

The type of StartTimeBatch and EndTimeBatch is "date".
I thought to transform in seconds, into a number format, but the legend of the Y-axis is not easily readable (you have seconds, not HH:mm:ss).

Maybe it's possible to transform on this format with the JSON Input in the advances option.

Regards,
Charlotte

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.