Use workplace search with data already indexed in elasticsearch as a source

Hi,

We would like to use Elastic Enterprise Search with on premise Gitlab server.

Our Gitlab code is already indexed in elasticsearch through the gitlab advanced search feature ( Elasticsearch | GitLab )

Can we use the data already stored in elasticsearch as a source for Enterprise Search?

I saw that there is no first party integration from Gitlab to Enterprise Search according to the post here:

So I'm hoping it will be easier to query the data from elasticsearch instead.

Thanks,
Eyal

1 Like

No it's not currently possible.

You would need to use the Custom API for this. So reindex everything.

Hi @eyalaz,

While we don't have a first-party integration for Gitlab into Enterprise Search, we do have an open source example custom source that happens to use Gitlab as the example. You may be able to bootstrap your solution by starting with a fork of: https://github.com/elastic/workplace-search-example-connector

Good luck!

1 Like

Seems oddly short-sighted for such an obvious use case. Hopefully they'll develop something as an update.

Short of using existing, are there any tools to ingest from an existing index? Looking at this in 7.16, it appears I would have to export any/every thing to JSON to re-import. Serious bummer.

Hey there, great news you are able to create Enterprise Search engines on existing Elasticsearch indexes as of 8.2. I hope you get the chance to try it out and let us know your feedback! 8.2.0 release notes | Elastic Enterprise Search Documentation [8.2] | Elastic

@Serena_Chou I read your provided link, but there is no mention of the support for "Workplace Search" only for "App Search"

Is there any progress in the regard of "elasticseach" itself as a source for "Workplace Search"?
I am now on 8.3.3 and cant find any build in connector.

I would to like to connect the created SuiteCRM elasticsearch-index to "Workspace Search"

and maybe somehow connect a Logstash index to "Workspace Search"
to be able to generate a pipe like:
AWS Cloudfront => Elasticsearch => IP Extraction+URL => "Workspace Seach"

Hey @Zetanova I just wanted to let you know that Elasticsearch index engines (beta) | Elastic App Search Documentation [8.4] | Elastic are available in beta. You can utilize this to get the best of both worlds. If you hadn't already found this we also have Elastic Enterprise Search integration plugin | Logstash Reference [8.4] | Elastic where did you land on your project?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.