Value for monthofyear must be in range

(Messak) #1

I have data in elasticsearch and the date format is like:
2017/12/22 12:13:25

when i index this into kibana, it recognizes it as a date, but when i try to visualize anything i get:

failed to parse date field [12/22/2017] with format [yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss || yyyy/MM/dd ||epoch_millis]...........Value 22 for monthofyear must be in the range

when i try any other date format, it comes in as a string and i've also tried scripting :

new SimpleDateFormat('dd/MM/YYYY' HH:mm:ss).parse(doc['Date'].value);

but this doesn't seem to fix it, as a string with newDate column i get an error of
unrecognized characters at the end of [2017/12/22]: [/12/22 00:00:00]" }}}]}, "status":400
Any ideas how to fix this?

(Lukas Olson) #2

Hmm, sounds strange. Could you provide the mapping for your index? Have you set this field as your date field in your index pattern settings?

(Messak) #3

i've changed my mappings quite a few times back and forth between date and string for my date data. yes, during create index pattern, i select my Date column as date, but it just errors out on trying to visualize anything, whether i use the date data or not

{  
   "testdatabase.testcollection":{  
      "aliases":{  

},
      "mappings":{  
         "_doc":{  
            "properties":{  
               "Attribute":{  
                  "type":"text",
                  "fields":{  
                     "keyword":{  
                        "type":"keyword",
                        "ignore_above":256
                     }
                  }
               },
               "Date":{  
                  "type":"date",
                  "format":"yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss||yyyy/MM/dd||epoch_millis"
               },
               "Value":{  
                  "type":"float"
               },
               "filename":{  
                  "type":"long"
               }
            }
         }
      }
   }
}

(Lukas Olson) #4

Do you get the same errors in Discover? Can you take a screenshot?

(Messak) #5

no, but interestingly, after i used discover, the errors disappeared from visualize. it looks like i'm able to query dates now. When loading data, should i use discover prior to visualizing? Very strange its working now and i've been at this loading / reloading reformatted data for several hours

(Messak) #6

it seems fixed now, sorry for wasting your time. we can probably delete this post

(Lukas Olson) #7

You definitely didn't waste my time... This is really bizarre. It seems like there might be a bug here. If you see this error again, please take a screenshot so we can figure out exactly what's happening. Thanks!

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.