Visualise Memory per Process in Kibana

I have modified my metricbeat.yml to include two entries (memory paged and non-paged pool bytes) for a specific process under perfmon.

What I'd like to do is present these as a data table, eliminating entries for those servers that return a zero value as they will not be running the process.

Which visualization would be best used to achieve this and how should it be configured?

(Aaron Caldwell) #2

Hello John,

You may want to refer to this blog article. Minus the cloud-specific instructions, it might point you in the right direction:

-Aaron

Thanks Aaron

I reviewed this a few days ago but it doesn't really go deep enough for me I'm afraid.

Another observation I have is that if I have 4 processes on a server that are identically named, how do I present each of these individually in a visualisation? I can run counters for each in PowerShell using '*' to return, for example, used memory for each instance of the process. However, I only ever see the first instance of the process returned in the visualisations.

I'm pretty new to Elastic, so there could be a great deal of user ignorance here on my part.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.