Visualization with mulitple save search queries

Hi,

Is there a way to add multiple save search query in a visualization. v 5.4.3
Currently it does only provide one.

In my use case, Filter A have one value, Filter B have 4 and Filter C has 38.
With current limitation, I have create 38 * 4 = 152 search queries.
If multiple save searches are allowed only 38 + 4 + 1 would be required.

Since we cannot pass parameters for dashboard, at least it will same some re-work.

Thanks,
Shwetank

Hi Shwetank,

No, there's no way to use multiple saved searches in any visualizations. The only solution I can think of is to create one more saved search "ABC" that has all the filters (1 + 4 + 38). Or maybe I'm not understanding your issue correctly. You need every combination of each filter? Maybe you elaborate more on the use case.

Regards,
Lee

Hi Lee, thanks for your response.
Yes I need to have a combination for each filter.
One from value from each filter.

Ideal way to do it should be a dashboard/visulization template were we can pass parameter values. Since that is not supported by Kibana, I have to make that many dahsboards.

Do you know any plans if it is in pipeline for future release.
Is there an enhancement task available where I can +1 it.\

Thanks,
Shwetank

You can go to Management > Saved Objects and export a Dashboard to a JSON file. Then you could make multiple copies and change all the appropriate fields/filters/name etc. And then you could import those back in. You would just have to be careful and try it initially on a non-production system.

Yes, that's what I have been doing. Created one script to do that as we need to take care of ID's and its references.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.